Jump to navigation Jump to search
- RVC Youtube Channel
- Real Vegan Cheese - Launch video
- Ask a Biohacker: How can we stay up-to-date after you have completed the project successfully? What are your plans to promote the production?
- Ask a Biohacker: Could specific chemicals be produced more cheaply using this technology?
- Ask a Biohacker: Is it more ethical to like robots or dinosaurs?
- Ask a Biohacker: Could a cow milk allergy be causing my migraines?
- Ask a Biohacker: What sugars are you thinking of using to replace lactose?
- Ask a Biohacker: Can this cheese be made economically viable?
- Real Vegan Cheese iGEM 2014 presentation
- Let's have a BLAST
- Other team videos:
Genetic Engineering / Synthetic Biology
- Making Yeast produce Deer Milk and Egg Whites - Whose Gene is it Anyway
- Spider Beer - Making Yeast Produce Spider Silk - Project Overview 13:39
- Making Bacteria that are Part JELLYFISH! 29:10
- The Parts of a Plasmid 4:38
Molecular Biology techniques
- Cloning and plasmid assembly
- A Brief Look at Cloning with Restriction Enzymes (SnapGene, 3:22; great background on restriction enzymes)
- Introduction to Restriction Enzyme Cloning (Jake Wintermute, 7:11)
- Traditional Cloning Workflow (NEB, 0:49)
- Gene Cloning with the School of Molecular Bioscience Long! 22:22, lots of context for uses of gene cloning. Includes PCR, gel purification, transformation, plasmid prep, restriction digest
- Introduction to Gibson Assembly (NEB, 2:06)
- Gibson Assembly Workflow (NEB, 0:57)
- A Brief Look at Golden Gate Cloning (SnapGene, 3:03)
- Bacterial transformations:
- Plasmid miniprep:
- Protein expression and purification
- Ammonium sulfate precipitation:
- Sanger sequencing 6:29
- How does Sanger Sequencing Work? 3:27
- Next Generation Sequencing 1: Overview - Eric Chow 31:25
- Ion Torrent Next-generation Sequencing 3:23
- Introduction to nanopore sequencing 2:15
- Synonymous vs nonsynonymous mutation
- Homologous genes